Jean MuirCat

Mar 14, 2009

Last night, I went to a special late opening of the Jean Muir: A Fashion Icon exhibition in the National Museum of Scotland where my friends Prettyisabel and Alejandroblanco presented their designs in a fashion show inspired by the influential British designer.

(with the legendary Jean Muir)(Alex looking sexy next to his design board)

After the show, Victor, Rachel and I headed up to the exhibit where we were greeted by some beautifully constructed clothes...
I will admit that Jane Muir's aesthetics aren't really akin to mine. Some of her designs were just too far out (or too colorful) for my taste. Although there were two pieces in the collection that I wouldn't mind blowing a couple months of allowance for:

This leather jacket is beyond. The sharp shoulders and the folded cuffs are pure perfection. I'm not a big fan of the buttons though, I would prefer it if she used zips instead. But hey, I can deal with that. The other piece I fell in love with is this wrap cardigan dress.
I would live in this thing if I owned it!

(the only decent photo I took in the fashion show)

(Mucking around while waiting for Izzy and Alex to tidy up.)

top: Isabel Marant; Denin Jacket: Liberty ; Little Boys Blazer MS; Pants:Zara, shoes: Clarks; Bag: Chanel

CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO! you were fabulicious last night.

31 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Cool pics!You are so funny!
xoxo

Rand said... Best Blogger Tips

wow i love the first pic
the guy is soo cute
i love the blue on you
++nice clothes
x

HoneyBunny said... Best Blogger Tips

oh! how cool! surely it was loads of fun! And you looked so fab! :**

Nora said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww, looked like fun!

And I totally agree about the leather jacket!



Hugs and kisses
-Nora

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

great pics, and i'm so jealous of your island trip! i'm at the beach now and it's 40 degrees and raining! it's been so terrible. and yes, i'm linking you now!

Ellie Lee said... Best Blogger Tips

Your outfit was gorgeous!!!
And their collection is so wonderful! I love the silhouette, and the colours!!

AND YES, I WILL, go to Southaven ASAP, LOL, I have to admit; I do not have a very good first impression of them!

kulululu said... Best Blogger Tips

nice blog:)

Elizabeth Victoria Clark said... Best Blogger Tips

looks like so much fun! love your purse xx

FASHION CHALET said... Best Blogger Tips

thank you :]
urbanog online may have some pairs still left!! xx

The Voguette said... Best Blogger Tips

this is soo amazing! i'm super jealous that you got to see all this! you look superrr cute! i wish i had a chanel... *sighs*

thefatandskinnyonfashion said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice outfit. I never thought to put a denim jacket with a blazer.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

that looks so cool

Lexie said... Best Blogger Tips

this exhibit looks really neat - and your look for the night is perfect!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

youre so funny!! hahaha! i love the denim jacket on you :)

Silje said... Best Blogger Tips

Cool!=D Denim jacket is so cool!=D

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

oh my, the leather jacket is CALLING MY NAME.

www.prettyexquisite.blogspot.com

Yuka said... Best Blogger Tips

that leather jacket is so good!! and your outfit is cute too. :)

Mode Junkie said... Best Blogger Tips

can i have that top please?

Lucile Meyer said... Best Blogger Tips

Your photos are so inspirationnal ! I love the way you ddescribe everything ! anywaaay, I love those babydoll dresses (the yellow Christopher kane/chloe Style us to die for !) And That leather jacket, WANT IT ! x

Flashes of Style said... Best Blogger Tips

this looks so amazing! You look lovely as well :)

style munch said... Best Blogger Tips

aw looks like you had fun! you look so cute xx
www.ibitefashion.blogspot.com

Mina said... Best Blogger Tips

i know this is a weird question hanna but how tall are u? because i have tried pants like those before and they looked so weird on me. i always thought u were somewhere around my height. maybe u are taller that's why they look so goods on u.

Mina said... Best Blogger Tips

i will become a copy cat. i am gonna go to zara and see if they have the same ones and try them on.maybe they will look good on me 2. i told u hanna... i want everything u wear.
xoxo
mina

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Love ittt! x

E said... Best Blogger Tips

Those clothes are so amazing! I'm so glad you shared these pics!

phamzy said... Best Blogger Tips

great photos! i like the whole outfit! you look so stunning with your beautiful smile!


http://ckuf-info.blogspot.com/

Noelle Chantal said... Best Blogger Tips

wow great pieces! i esp like the leather jacket, the cut is amazing with the sharp edgy shoulders. i like your bag too and the denim and layering in your outfit. :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

That leather jacket just made my heart melt, haha. And looks like the event was good times :)

kulululu said... Best Blogger Tips

i have to tell u that i love these pics on the beach!i miss summer:((

Sasi said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the wrap cardigan dress, too, and your outfit. Especially the blazer+jacket combo.

Mo said... Best Blogger Tips

cool pics, your friend alex is uber cute